Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cop out alert! Think I've gone soft...

Dellows Kitchen
212 Jervois Rd
Herne Bay

Re-fit, much? Dellows has also been meke'd recently, the layout now a whole lot less awkward. Let's not front: their barista's an associate of mine, so I'm hardly impartial. Actually, I'm totally biased.

Anyway, Sunday morning came and we found ourselves on a double-date, of sorts. I was a little uneasy on realising Dellows use KKK beans, but my misgivings were put to rest when my first latte landed. Excellent. My second was even better. Three out of four had salads, not gay (mine the Caesar). Only S had a proper breakfast, the Benny. Three out of four were pronounced good, but B's Haloumi salad was a little underwhelming - thin slices of vulcanized Haloumi and an indifferent pestonnaise. Flip-wise, the portion size was on the money.

Dellows' offer up competent cafe basics and superlative coffee. On paper I probably wouldn't rate this place. But it's really the whole vibe of the thing that they've got just right. An atmosphere of utter non-wankery meant that we were comfortable enough to linger long after we'd scoffed our plates.

Not bad for a local. I'm not going to call it a Hit, but it's not a Miss either. Go there and make your own judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment